Ramar Foods began as a small, family-owned company who wanted to share their delicious recipes from the Philippines with North America. With more than 50 years of success, Ramar has expanded into the European, Middle Eastern and Australian markets and has plans to go beyond. PineSpire is thrilled to highlight the vibrant business as our Customer of the Month.
While Ramar is all about delicious food and doing it well, they are also passionate about sustainability. Currently, the following investments lower their carbon footprint while making smart financial sense:
- Investing in Electric Equipment for Operations
- Electric Car Chargers for Employees
- Solar PV system generating energy on all available rooftops
- On-site fuel cell generator
With core values of excellence, innovation, community, and nourishing culture, it comes as no surprise that Ramar is participating in the LCFS program. Ramar has hybrid truck refrigeration units, EV car chargers, and a range of electric lift trucks all generating carbon credit revenue.
Some of the additional benefits they are reaping thought being involved are:
- Air quality improvements for employees who are not exposed to idling vehicles or exhaust
- Providing charging for staff vehicles as a great employee ‘perk’
- Reducing Green House Gas Emissions from their operations by 175 MT of Carbon per year, compared to using conventional fueled equipment
- Fuel cost predictability: On-site Solar energy generation helps stabilize energy cost, including the cost of forklift charging
The company that started in 1969 with 3 employees and now has over 300! They are also expanding facilities to keep up with growing demand for their food. Headquartered in Pittsburg, California, Ramar produces everything from staple Filipino foods to our personal favorite ice cream flavor “Mais y Queso” (Corn and Cheese)! We highly recommend visiting their website to find out where and how to purchase their products.