Moonlight Companies is in the heart of California’s San Joaquin Valley and specializes in sharing delicious fruits with the world. From peaches bursting with flavor to the juiciest mandarins we have ever tried and doing it all with sustainability in mind. Moonlight is constantly innovating on their operations, finding new ways to reduce cost and optimize production. This includes investing in energy, like solar and battery storage, as well as adopting new technologies to continually improve processes.
PineSpire wants to take this opportunity to highlight Moonlight Companies accomplishments as our March Client of the Month.
PineSpire recently had a chance to sit down with Moonlight to discuss the benefits of opting into California’s LCFS program (the Low Carbon Fuel Standard program). Here are the top uses of the revenue from the LCFS program:
- Offsetting the cost of charging EVs
- Funding new EV chargers for company cars as well as employees’ vehicles, a nice perk for the team.
- Hastening the Return on Investment of new electric equipment for their fleet
In addition to taking part of the LCFS program, Moonlight Companies is developing an electrification plan that works for their fleet. Examples of how they are evaluating, funding, and rolling out new EVs include:
- Participating in a pilot program with HummingbirdEV to test out fully Electric Refrigeration Trucks
- Leveraging funding from PG&E to install a new service dedicated to Heavy-Duty EV Charging
- Complying with current regulations for vehicles and material handling equipment
- Getting ahead on future proposed Zero Emission Air Quality Regulations
- Ty Tavlan, VP, is actively participating in industry workgroups to provide commercial perspective on both the Heavy-Duty Vehicle adoption and Regulatory fleet emission standards
To learn more about Moonlight Companies click here.
Reach out to PineSpire to talk about how your operation can benefit from the LCFS program and Fleet Planning today.